Through the radical love, compassion, and selflessness that Jesus demonstrated during His life, Jesus left with us 3 gifts to claim every day:
- The Gift of Unconditional Love
- The Gift of Redemption and Forgiveness
- The Gift of Purpose and Eternal Life
1. The Gift of Unconditional Love: At the core of Jesus's teachings is the profound gift of unconditional love. In a world often marked by judgment and division, Jesus offered a radical perspective – to love not only those who loved us, but even our enemies. His parables, such as the prodigal son, beautifully illustrate the idea of a forgiving and all-embracing love. In John 15:13, Jesus said that, “No one has greater love [nor stronger commitment] than to lay down his own life for his friends” (AMP). He said this because He would demonstrate this on the cross; through his actions, He demonstrated that love has the power to heal, transform, and unite. As we contemplate this gift, we are reminded of our responsibility to cultivate love in our hearts, fostering a sense of belonging and compassion for all.
2. The Gift of Redemption and Forgiveness: Jesus's sacrifice on the cross is the ultimate symbol of redemption and forgiveness. He bore the weight of human sin, offering a path to salvation through His death and resurrection. This act of selflessness highlights the depth of His love for humanity and the immense gift of a second chance. By extending forgiveness to even the gravest of sins, Jesus encourages us to let go of our burdens and seek reconciliation. His gift of redemption inspires us to find hope in times of despair, knowing that there is always a chance for renewal and spiritual growth.
3. The Gift of Purpose and Eternal Life: Through His teachings, Jesus imparted the gift of purpose – a call to live a life aligned with divine principles. He taught about the Kingdom of God, emphasizing values like humility, service, and righteousness. This gift challenges us to find meaning beyond material pursuits and to prioritize spiritual nourishment. Furthermore, Jesus's promise of eternal life offers a beacon of hope, reminding us that our earthly journey is just a chapter in the greater story of existence and that He is waiting for us in Heaven: ““But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father’s kingdom”” (Matthew 26:29 AMP). This assurance of a life beyond strengthens our faith and encourages us to live with a perspective focused on eternal rewards, while in the meantime living on earth in a way that changes things around us for the better.
In the intricate tapestry of history, Jesus's gifts stand as pillars of light, guiding humanity toward a path of love, redemption, and purpose. The gift of unconditional love teaches us to embrace one another with compassion, while the gift of redemption and forgiveness reminds us of our capacity for transformation. The gift of purpose and eternal life instills hope and meaning into our existence. As we reflect on these gifts, may we recognize our role in carrying forward the legacy of Jesus's teachings, perpetuating his profound impact on the world.
Heavenly Father, as we conclude our journey through the gifts of Jesus, we are grateful for the wisdom and grace you have bestowed upon us. May the lessons we've learned guide our actions and thoughts, helping us spread love, forgiveness, and purpose to those around us. Grant us the strength to emulate Jesus's gifts in our lives, and may your light shine through us. In Jesus's name, we pray. Amen.
Matthew Karshna is a contributor for A Warrior’s Mission and a partner with the ACCBF. Matthew graduated from the University of Georgia in 2023 with a Bachelor’s Degree in English and resides in North Carolina, where he is also a Community Engagement Director for a local martial arts school. “I am proud to produce content for an organization that is focused on the welfare of others!” ~Matthew